Celebrate the Women of New York City’s Public Markets
Celebrate the women of New York City Public Markets during Women’s History Month! This FREE 5-event series presented by NYCEDC takes place on consecutive Saturdays:
• Saturday, Feb. 29 – Essex Market, 2PM – 5PM (Kick-Off), Manhattan
• Saturday, March 7 – La Marqueta, 2PM – 5PM, East Harlem
• Saturday, March 14 – Moore Street Market, 2PM – 5PM, Brooklyn
• Saturday, March 21 – Arthur Avenue Market, 2PM – 5PM, Bronx
• Saturday, March 28 – Jamaica Market, 2PM – 5PM, Queens
The series highlights the female vendors and producers that make up each market. Each event will include live music, networking, voter registration, and info on training, M/WBE certification and grants and funding to start-up or expand one’s own business.
The series is produced in partnership with women.nyc, QueensFeasts
El Puente. Attendees can expect to taste and shop for everything from pastries and nutritious kids’ meals at La Marqueta; to fresh fish, pasta, craft beer, and ice cream from Essex Market; to vegan baked goods and international spices from Moore Street Market; fresh meat and sandwiches at Arthur Avenue Market and fresh vegetables and prepared foods from Jamaica Market and more.