L Train Pre-Shutdown Starts Today: No Service On Nights And Weekends, Through Mid-March
Weeknight service will not run between 8th Avenue and Broadway Junction, Jan 28th – March 18th, approximately 10:45 PM to 5 AM, Monday to Friday. The MTA says:
– If you’re traveling between Brooklyn and Manhattan, you can take the A , F, J or M. For Manhattan L stations, you can take the M14 bus. In Brooklyn, we’re running shuttle buses along two routes: 1) -Between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St, connecting with Marcy Av J subway; 2) Loop between Marcy Av J, Hewes St J, Broadway G, Lorimer St-Metropolitan Av G, and Bedford Av.
– These shuttle buses are free and will stop at L subway stations between Bedford Av and Broadway Junction. You can also use the MYmta app for the latest trip-planning information.
Weekend service will not run between 8th Avenue and Broadway Junction, all February weekends (1st-4th, Feb 8th-11th; Feb 15th-19th with extra day for Presidents’ Day; Feb 22nd-25th) Mar 1st-4th, Mar 8th-11th, Mar 15th-18th, approximately 10:45 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday. The MTA says:
– If you’re travelling between Manhattan and Brooklyn, you can take special weekend M service, A or C trains and free shuttle buses. M trains will operate to and from 96 St Q station in Manhattan. To connect with the A, C and M trains, as well as free shuttle buses for service in Brooklyn, you can use Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Broadway Junction stations.
– If you’re traveling in Brooklyn, the L will operate between Broadway Junction and Canarsie Rockaway Pkwy. We’ll also be running three shuttle bus routes making stops at all L stations between Bedford Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs: 1) Between Broadway Junction A, C, J and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs M; 2) Between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs M and Lorimer St (Metropolitan Av G); 3) Loop bus stopping at Marcy Av JM, Hewes St JM, Broadway G, Lorimer St (Metropolitan Av G) and Bedford Av
– In Manhattan, there will be additional M14A bus service.