NYC Small Business Resilience Grant
To be eligible for a grant, small businesses must:
- Operate in New York City
- Meet the statutory definition of “small business” (i.e., have 500 or fewer employees, or, if applicable, the size standard in number of employees established by the U.S. Small Business Administration administrator or meet the definition of “small business concern” as defined in 15 U.S.C. § 632)
- Be one or both of the following:
- a small business in which at least 50% of its revenue is generated from activities that are defined by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) as part of the Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation sector (NAICS beginning with 71), or the Accommodation and Food Services sector (NAICS beginning with 72). If you do not know your business NAICS, use this tool to look up your NAICS.
- a small business that physically operates from a low-to-moderate census tract as defined by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (as validated by the business address; use this map to check if your business is located in an eligible census tract)
- Be in operation since October 1, 2019, and in operation at the time of submission of the application
- Demonstrate at least a 25% reduction in gross receipts or revenue in either: (a) comparable quarters in 2019 and 2020, or (b) the 12-month 2019 calendar year and the 12-month 2020 calendar year
- Be in substantial compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and other legal requirements
- Be current or in repayment on all Federal, State, and City taxes (including delinquency repayment, prior to December 31, 2019)
- Have not received a grant from either the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program or the Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- supporting payroll and benefits costs
- costs to retain employees
- mortgage, rent, or utilities costs
- other operating costs
- Round 1 (Dec 8 – Jan 18: only eligible businesses with less than $1 million in revenue will be funded
- Round 2 (Jan 19 – Feb 23): only eligible businesses with less than $3 million in revenue will be funded
- Round 3 (Feb 24 until funding runs out): eligible businesses of all revenue sizes will be considered for funding
Please note that when you are filling out the application you will be asked to choose a Business Services Center (Disclosure Question #9 – ‘Were you assisted by an NYC BSC’) Please choose ‘NYC Business Solutions Industrial Provider, Brooklyn North,’ this is Evergreen!
This program is administered by Lendistry. You can find more information, including additional eligibility requirements, application guides, and the application link here.