NYMEP Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Grant Application
This grant program was created to fund select projects that maximize PPE lifespan, thereby minimizing costs and waste for manufacturers. Improved cleaning products, sanitizing equipment, sustainable PPE designs and products targeting re-use are being considered.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis while funds remain available, starting January 27, 2021. Applicants will be contacted within 20 business days of submission.
Program Guidelines / Eligibility Criteria:
- This grant program is for NYS manufacturers only, with the proposed project benefiting NYS operations.
- Upon rollout, maximum grant amounts are $10,000 and require cash match (see below for more information).
- In this first phase, only projects that align with PPE maximization efforts will be considered for funding: these are projects that maximize PPE lifespan, thereby minimizing costs and waste for manufacturers. Improved cleaning products, sanitizing equipment, sustainable PPE designs and products targeting re-use are being considered. There may or may not be a second phase.
- NY manufacturers should submit PPE maximization projects focused on developing and scaling permanent, not temporary, product offerings.
- Grant funds may be used to cover the costs of consultants (e.g., engineering assistance) or for testing.
- Funding cannot be used for overhead or administrative costs, for equipment purchases, or for indirect costs.
- Proposed projects must be well-defined; your organization must be prepared to start the project immediately and be able to complete it within six months.
- All awarded projects must be completed by September 1, 2021.
- Your project must have the support of your company’s leadership and the commitment and resources necessary to execute the project.
- If awarded a grant, you are required to pay for at least 1/6 (16.67%) of the total project cost. For example:
- If you are showing a total project budget of at least $12,000, you can request the maximum $10,000 grant, as long as you pay no less than $2,000 (or 16.67% of the $12,000 project cost) toward the cost of the project.
- If your total project cost is $8,000, you will be required to pay $1,334 (or 16.67% of the total project cost) and can request a PPE Maximization grant to cover the balance.
- Finally, if your total project cost is over $12,000 – please keep in mind that the maximum grant amount may be $10,000.
- If awarded a grant, you must be willing and have the funds to pay for the balance of the project cost that is not covered by the grant. Note: your company may be selected for a grant that is less than the grant value you requested.
- If awarded a grant, you must commit to completing post-project surveys reporting economic impact to your company as a result of the grant, and be willing to complete a case study (without sharing any IP), success story, and provide quotes/photos.
- Grant funds will only be disbursed via your local NYMEP Center.
- All applicants must have a manufacturing NAICS code (primary, secondary or tertiary) listed on their Dun & Bradstreet record. These include: codes starting with 31, 32 or 33; 423510, 488991, 541330, 541380, 541711, 541712, 561910, 811310.